Mmmm… Mmmm… Mmmm…
Inch thick, center cut, bone in, pork chops marinated in orange, lime, oregano and garlic, garlic and more garlic then char grilled to porky perfection. I tell ya – it’s good to be alive.
That up above there is the base of this delicious marinade. Modeled on a traditional Cuban Mojo – we’ve substituted a mix of oranges and limes for the more traditional, but much harder to find, sour oranges.
That citrus, garlic, oregano combo works wonders on fish and chicken and these awesome pork chops. Marinating, tenderizing, flavorizing… It’s a fantastic summertime favorite you’ll use over and over again.
A good soak in the marinade and then a turn on the grill.
And in no time at all you’ll feel like you’re havin’ dinner in Havana, without the long plane ride.
Grilled Pork Chops with Garlic Lime Mojo
- 4 1" thick center cut pork chops
- 1 cup garlic lime mojo - recipe follows
- Marinate the pork chops in the mojo for at least an hour or two and up to overnight.
- Prepare a grill for direct heat cooking.
- Grill pork chops over a high flame till done to your liking. About 6 minutes per side for medium, 8-9 minutes per side for well.
- Let rest a couple minutes and enjoy.
- 8 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 large orange - juice & zest
- 2 large limes - juice & zest
- ⅓ cup xvoo
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- Mix all ingredients together.