Man these are good.
They’re like the crack of vegetables.
Brussels sprouts, crispy and charred, mixed with maple syrup and nestled against crisp cracklings of hickory smoked bacon.
I made a whole bowlful for Thanksgiving – and then I didn’t get any.
It was my own fault. I was drinking and cooking and mindlessly munching on apps. And when the turkey and trimmings hit the table I went hard on dark meat and stuffing and this orange cranberry relish. Before I knew it the sprouts were gone.
So I made these tonight. Just for me.
You can snack on them like popcorn – a handful, one right after the other, right out of the bowl.
They’re that good.
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts…
And easy too. Really.
Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise to expose the inner leaves. Toss them with maple syrup, bacon, olive oil and salt & pepper. Then spread them out on a sheet pan and roast for 40 minutes or so.
Here, check out how easy it is in this 1 minute video ⬇️ .
I’m telling you.
Best Brussels Sprouts Ever.
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts - halved, stems trimmed if necessary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp (real) maple syrup
- ¼ lb thick cut bacon - uncooked, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, season with salt & pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread sprouts out in a single layer on a sheet pan and roast in oven till golden brown and tender - about 40 minutes. Enjoy.
*Btw – Some links within this post are affiliate links for products that I truly like and use. This means that if you click and buy I might make a couple of pennies which I can then use to get more food to cook for you. Win win…